Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rough Pages on a Pink Diary 001

Aright peeps, this is the maiden edition/story of Rough Pages on a Pink Diary. The idea is making true stories of survived lady challenges readily available for the learning and edification of its readers. We know for sure that experience is the best teacher but again it doesn't have to be your own experience, you can and you should learn from others, so we hope that through this medium we would avert repetitions of already made mistakes. 

My story for today was submitted by a crush, she got it from a friend and interestingly comes on a light note. So have fun reading and do not hesitate to send in your stories but that's only if you are okay with another learning form your own experience. 

Below is our story for this week...



NOTE : Real names have been withheld. 


My name is Onome. Today, I'll be telling you how hasty decisions almost cost me a nonredeemable virtue. I hope you learn from my experience.

I remember that fateful night too well. It’s been over two years and it still feels like yesterday.

I met him on my way to my Aunt's hostel. He said hi; said he liked me and wanted to know me better. Remi; that was his name. We exchanged numbers (which I rarely do on a normal day). But like they say; there is an exception to every rule. Remi was the exception.

He told me he'd call and he did. Contrary to the mental picture that must be forming in your heads already, Remi wasn't particularly handsome or tush. But his grammar was flawless. I was falling for a total stranger and I didn't realize it.

When I told my friends about him; they also had an instant liking for him. Who wouldn't though; Remi's voice on the phone was smooth; and silky so, it had a texture, hoarse yet smooth, I had chills all over my body anytime he said my name and without even knowing it, I turned down all guards and allowed this feeling eat deep into my rationale.

That weekend, I travelled. Remi didn't cease the calls. He was in touch throughout and we made plans to hang out once I got back.

Boy, I couldn't wait to get back to school. I loved the attention I was getting.....can you blame me? This sister loves attention, what lady doesn't?

I got back from my journey on Sunday; around 6pm. Remi was the first person I called, not even a thank God for a safe trip prayer was made by me talk-less of calling my parents to inform them that have reached school, thinking of it now, I feel really stupid. Before long, that same night, we met. Remi was so happy to see me; and you could tell by his countenance. Wow, Remi was actually cute; like puppy cute when he smiled. And then, he was so easy to talk to.

Later that night, we went to new buka (a shopping itinerary within school) to buy some suya (roasted meet) and drinks. I had a swell time gisting and catching up with Remi, infact it felt like we had known ourselves for ages. On our way back, he requested that he plays host to me in his room, he said it was only gentlemanly and appropriate and he assured me that he had two roommates just in-case i had worries about a possible awkward situation.

We were on our way there when he suddenly remembered something he had to pick up in a friend's room (or so I thought); so we quickly branched...

When we got there, the only piece of furniture in that room was a bed. Remi asked me to sit...while he quickly did something on his friend's laptop. While waiting on the bed, he told me about a project he was working on; "Offering Hope to the Condemned"; a project aimed at unsaved youths in prisons, we also talked about church and all that, I got even more comfortable and stretched out on the bed, I couldn't believe my fortune, I have not just found a guy who is cute and eloquent to taste but he also knows his onions with regards his faith.

After a while, Remi said he was hot and needed to go shirtless. Problem was I was so naïve and wasn't getting it. I gave him a go-ahead and sealed my fate. I loved what i saw though, his six packs were uncompromised, his broad chest protruded above his flat tummy and they made a gentle vibration as he walked to and fro in the room, his shoulders also looked like they had in built armour for defense, I didn't even realize how sexy he was until  now. But trust me, to me, that was all, I didn't dwell on that thought any further and I thought he didn't too. This was trouble, I later realized.

Before I could blink, his shorts went down too. That's when I knew I was doomed. But dayum! It was too late.

Remi came on with so much force the wooden frame of the bed was dislodged. I sank deeper into the mattress. Gone was the Christian Remi; the man I was seeing now had been transformed into a beast. Remi was more than willing to rape me without even thinking about it.

I shouted his name severally; trying to bring him back to normalcy. Dang! I screamed till my voice was hoarse. I even tried to talk him out of it; all was in futility. I had lost most of my clothes meanwhile...there was certainly no going back for Remi.

And then a thought struck me to pray, I wondered so hard if God would listen though, It was probably the first time I was saying a prayer that didn't go "Lord, Thank You for Remi" through out the past week. I made the prayer non the less, The thought was so quiet I almost missed it. Just 3 simple words; "Father, help me".

It didn't take 5 seconds!

Remi rolled off; ordered me to get dressed and get lost. It was 11:30pm.

I was shocked but there was absolutely no time to think; I grabbed my things and ran. I had ran about 5kilometres before I stopped to get dressed.

I got back to my room some minutes past midnight and I still wasn't coordinated. Sleep deserted me and I couldn't think. I had almost lost my virginity to a fluke called Remi and I was immensely grateful to God.

I tried to make excuses for him, I told myself it was my fault, maybe I lead him on and gave him the wrong impressions but all that didn't matter now, the relationship had crashed just as fast as it was built.

Till this moment, I'm scared to visit a guy without company.

That's my story, I got away with my carelessness and also Remi's beastly side(I like to keep the good memories we had) maybe that's why I can even tell the story, but the sad truth is, many ladies didn't.

Thank You.


A big thank you to Victoria Obayemi for sourcing the story and also to Damilola Adeyemi for making it a story,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.