Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A POEM: Rusty Welded Edges of Love (Nigeria)

Like a tree in drought,
I'm only more stubborn and angry
But still thirsty and lanky


Like the Egyptian pyramid...
I'm a product of the peoples 
Pain and anguish
Also of their prayers, Lamentations and their
Unfulfilled wish.


I'm lead by my fail 
And cursed by my success
And for every passing day,
I can only sulk and wonder,
What next? 


There's a glimpse of hope afar off,
But closer here is the hangman and his rope
And if I die of his judgement,
Then there will no longer be me
My North, My South, My East, My West
Will gladly munch on the spoils.


Maybe birthing an Arewa Republic,
An Oduduwa community,
A Niger Delta State
And a Biaifran City,
But then I thought two heads are better one.


I am Nigeria,
I am tired of speaking through the people
Since they are never heard, and if heard,
Not understood, and if understood,
Not considered and if considered,
Mouth service is all that is offered.


I try to speak through these leaders,
But the sheep knows his shepherds voice no more,
Or maybe has just turned deaf ears to it,
Or are just simply distracted by the tussle of power and authority.


But then, 
I hope to get corrupt enough, 
Sick enough,
Poor enough,
To finally deserve change.


My fear is anything worse than these,
The killing in the north,
The stealing amongst the executives 
And the high poverty rate,


Then our welded edges of Love 
Would begin to rust
And in only a matter of time,
There may no longer be an US.

1 comment:

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.