Thursday, March 26, 2015

To the Friend that never leaves… by Deji Onadeko



To the Friend that never leaves…

Imperfect, selfish, childish, angry, impatient
These words describe me well…
And if at all I’ve ever been a good friend,
Only my true friends can tell…


What can be worse than loving me?
And wishing that you didn’t…
The feeling you get…
When you wish you couldn’t careless

You say OMG, Deji…
You are the best…
But more often than not…
I put your patience to test...

You are a friend indeed.
Not just cause you let me be me and free…
Or cause you are always there for me…
At my most vulnerable times…

You are a friend indeed.
Not just cause you look out for me,
Or cause you miss me
And tell me how much you do...

At my lowest and most irritable times
The times when I make you pay for my swings
The times when I say words that hurt
And worse, the times when I walk out of your life like I would never return.
You are a friend indeed.
Cause in all my in-sentivities,
And in all my thoughts of greed…
That’s those times when I put me first before us…

YOU stayed…

This is not particularly to the best of friends…
Nor to the most tolerant or well behaved of them all…
This is to the friend who despite our irregularities,
This friend never leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.