Saturday, January 2, 2016

Imagine Now by Deji Onadeko

Imagine Now

I think the beauty about life is the amount of freedom we have access to through our minds and imaginations. All fingers are truly not equal, but one thing that life cheats no man of is the length, breadth and depth in which our minds have the ability to experience.


We can build castles on clouds, hotels in space and communities under water via our imaginations. Many times, when I come in contact with men of great achievements, whether in the volume of their books or even in person, I learn time after time that their success is never a big surprise to their imaginations. Everything and everyone almost never sees it coming but their imaginations have taken them on a ride down that road a couple of times.

Rev George Adegboye, said in a message He preached at the Rhemaword Conference 2015 that “you have to see it, before you see it, else you’ll never see it.”

Somebody imagined that man could fly, visit space and that man could sit at a place and with the help of some device could make contact with a continent afar off.

Everything that we today call breakthrough inventions, where once termed as impossible on paper but somebody was crazy enough to think otherwise.

I look back on my personal life, especially the past year, 2015 and I am really grateful to God for how things turned out and the very many-few things that we can add to our achievements list.

The two events Life Media Group International held, that’s the Media Masterclass 2015 and The Presenters Academy 1.0, the many events I had the opportunity to be a blessing through public speaking, a few high flying, high class events that I Emceed in Abuja, Lagos, etc. The award nominations of which we bagged one of them, that’s The Outstanding Youth Award for the On Air Personality (OAP) of the Year and the interviews I granted a few media houses that felt my story was worth sharing.

I confess that I’m grateful to God beyond words about them all but for every time any of these things go down in the books, I always say that the feeling is familiar and that it feels like I’ve been there before.

I’m trying to get sleep or just merely taking a walk, sometimes, on a long boring road trip and I’m always glad that I packed my imaginations with me. Lost in long thoughts about how I hope my future would be, or sometimes, deliberately standing in front of a mirror saying and acting the way I want my life to turn out. I remember sometimes going to event venues to talk to empty chairs as the key note speaker of an event I’ve been invited to speak at and other times, I’m the one organizing the event and inviting a key note speaker (all in my head).

We are not there yet, I know, but the year 2015 was once again a huge step closer to the dream.

Hey… Imagine, now. Limit not your imaginations and start working towards actualization.

Let the details of your preferable future be so clear in your heart that it’ll surprise you a lot more if never happens that when it does.

A friend of mine, Jumoke Sijuwade, said a few days ago that, she sees the New Year as a new slate, an opportunity to start again and also to build on the ones we got right in the past year.

But don’t go into the new year without hope, without a will and without an imagination. He’ll do exceedingly, abundantly and far above all that which we ask or imagine. Eph 3:20a.

So, it’s the year that has ended, not your life, and it’s not over till you win, but you may not win if you never really hope to. My big bro Adeola Onadeko said on his BBM Pm some days ago, “be a half full kind of person and see this not as a countdown to an end but as a countdown to a beginning, a fresh start, one that you hope to get right this time.” Happy New Year Guys.

1 comment:

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.