Friday, August 23, 2013

The Start of BIG





THE START OF BIG

Wow. I’ll be 21 in September and have never really done this, I just rant and talk and then brag on how well I believe I could do this. How well I think I can be impressive with this, mind blowing and have people begging for more. I can’t believe have not started the blog I talked about. Anyways, it took an ASUU strike for me to realize my love for the pen (or should I say keyboard since I type it most of the time) is heaven bound and all round satisfactory. I realized how pen and paper could help ease my thoughts and create room for more.

So well I decided to start a blog, my blog, dejionadeko.wordpress.com, then I asked around and I was told that BlogSpot is cooler so well I didn’t hesitate I opened a BlogSpot account, dejionadeko.blogspot.com. It sounded good but something just didn’t feel right, blogging felt right but it seemed like I was missing something. With a little thought I realized the Holy Spirit wasn’t hinting me on a blog that was about my opinions but His teachings and He sure didn’t take long before He told me He wanted me to blog to life, He wants to me put good news on the gossip spaces of the internet and begin what I call a revolution of The Internet Church.

It sounded good but then again who sets out on such alone? I’ll need hands right? Then easily enough the Holy Spirit dropped names in my head, I didn’t hesitate to ask them and happily they came on board and then me became we and Blog To Life was receiving life.

Damian came on board, then Tega and finally Bolanle joined the train. It was creepy at first to say I wanted to lead a team that had these minds on it so I remember thinking we should find an interim leader who will lead us on for a while and then I’ll take over. Bottom line is fear stepped in and all sort of things began to creep in on my thoughts. I got scared of contents and then continuity and then publicity etc the list went on and on. But the deciding factor was when I told one of the team members, Damian and he began to roll out words of encouragement but the one I think did the job was when he said “hey Deji, remember you are not alone and if you have issues just let’s talk about” I felt doubled relaxed, have been keeping my team members posted ever since and it’s been hurdle after hurdle coming out strong.

Coming up with a domain name wasn’t a bother it was only natural that we use blog to life but the problem is that it has been taken, God, I was devastated, I thought there will never be a suitable name for our blog, what got to me was the fact that the person using the domain we wished for was stagnant, the site was like five years old but had never functioned anyways I began to look for options, I thought of BloggToLife or BlogToLiife or maybe BlogToLifee then of cause BlogToLyfe came in my thoughts I dismissed it like every other one but Damian saw the light and there it is, we decided to settle for BlogToLyfe.blogspot.com which is going to play host to this write up of mine and many others.

When I said many others I meant it in real term. That is because BTL has evolved from an idea to a personal gossip and opinion blog and right now to a platform for sharing the gospel and for expressing yourself as a Christian youth in all forms of art. From music, art, storytelling, articles and two new stuffs that came on the list which is publicity for Christian programs and also summary of church services.

Blog To Lyfe is not a church substitute but a compliment, with a vision to saturate the entire web with the good news of Jesus Christ. It’s not an opinion dump but a platform for propagation of good news.
So dear readers, if just like me you are tired of crashing in to x-rated sites or been in the dark about the on-going of the gospel community or you have something new the Lord laid in your heart be in any form like music, writing etc. Blog To Lyfe is just right place to get both answers and platform.

After all said and done it is my greatest pleasure to officially introduce to you the start of a process and a revolution.





THE START OF BIG, small.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.