Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What if we all stopped for a minute? by DAVE OGUDUGU




Hello my dearest readers, A fan and follower of our blog sent in an article I fell in love with at first sight. I fell in love with it's ideology and also it's simplicity. Anyways, I'll just let us enjoy it already before I take away it's cool with my analysis... enjoy
By the way, you can send in your contributions in form of articles, poems, etc to dejionadeko@gmail.com and click here to catch us on twitter. 
LOVE YOU ALL SO DEARLY : )


Growing up as a child. I always thought the greater the propulsion, the faster the speed. Scientifically, that maybe correct. And I stayed faithful to that ideology, no wonder I seemed a little bit ahead of my time...
But as time went on, on my journey through life’s path, I began to see things which I wasn't able to see as a little boy who was eagerly and readily waiting to climb up the staircase of life without delay, devoid of any obstruction. Not until now, I wasn't able to deduce a meaning from the proverb which says: “what an elder sees while sitting, a child can't, even if he climbs the tallest iroko tree”. A funny proverb to kids, but convenes a meaning to the wise. So when my mum would tell me sometimes to take a break and think, I’ll always quote that favourite quote of mine and then she would say “time would teach you the lessons you refused to learn from me”. I guess it's high time I hit the nail on the head so I don’t bore you already.

Nowadays, everybody seems to be in a hurry. The cars honking, sirens blaring, pedestrians in a straight forward motion. Nobody seems to give a hoot. We all keep moving, moving and moving. The politicians stays scheming, while the masses are addicted to complaining. In the midst of this moronic and exasperating society we live in today, an amazing thought struck my head like a thunderbolt, though felt no pain the thought was chronic, in the sense that; I couldn't get it off my head as it was conceived from an enthralled life experience. And the thought is: “what if we all stopped for a minute”.

What if we all stopped for a minute: to take a look at the helpless kids on the streets hawking instead of schooling, they're in dire need of our help you know. What if we all could stop for a minute, to sort out a solution to that lingering problem that has taken a toll on us? What if boko haram could stop for a minute, to see how beautiful unity is in diversity, and also; the possibility of a peaceful co-existence between Christians and Muslims? What if we stopped for minute to smile and another to love, to lend a hand and help a breaking heart? How about instead of the regular frown and anguish we harbor at the state of things, we just stopped for minute and not care and for once head to nowhere but lend our thoughts to think up solutions and not criticisms, to think up a ceasefire and not the other way round.

What if our leaders could stop for a minute, to trace our problems back to the root, to see where we all got it wrong and how we could fix it? What if we all stopped for a minute, to think twice before hurting, demoralising, abusing our fellow humans? What if we all stopped for a minute, to think of the consequences of our actions before taking them? What if, you, my reader, could just stop for a minute to think more on all I have just said.

If we all could stop for a minute, we’ll probably find a solution to the problems we face and respond appropriately, rather than react at the height of shallow. If we could stop for a minute, we will be able to retrace our footsteps back to the one we missed while climbing up life's ladder.

Sometimes, the answers to our future lies in the past... Because; “The past was once a future”.

David Ogudugu

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.