Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Wheel of Change by Deji Onadeko

Is it just me or this year was pretty fast? As at this time last year, I had rounded up my cool fm gig and was gearing for a more focused 2014  putting nothing but communication in mind. I had decided on some very drastic decisions like a change of school and a more dogged focus on
communication.

Nothing seemed certain though, I mean nothing at all. It wasn't certain that I was going to stay true to my new found love neither was a change of school sure. But one thing was for sure, I was going to give it a try.

Some thought it was a good idea, others thought I was point blank out of my mind. Funny thing is, I was one of those who called me Crazy.

Somehow, I wish I could give a more detailed account of my 2014 but lets just leave all that for a book I hope to write: "now that talking has made sense". It'll be an account of my communication career and I hope it'll grow to become a renowned communication text.

But in summary, in 2014, I lost friends and I gained a few, my career saw the light and my academics hit rock bottom, I fell in love but with a lot of complications, I got it right sometimes and other times, I was out rightly out of place. Bottom line is there are a lot of things I'm proud of in 2014 but equally a lot that gets my face down.
Just before you begin to wonder why I'm all melancholic and less creative with my words and where I'm heading to with this piece, I'll just get to it already.
Life is like a wheel, like a walk around a circle, like a drive around a round about. I mean almost everything take turns in life, some literally take cycle turns, like the earth, the mood, the clock, others take revolutional turns, like your heartbeat, seasons, the rising of the sun and a lot of other things.
But the bottom line is, everything seems to have a beginning, an end, another beginning another end and the Cycle continues. The only thing only that changes at every turn is everything. Nothing stays the same.
So then, my question to you today is, whenever change comes around, where does it meet you?
Does it meet you ready, almost ready or totally unawares? Hmmm..
As 2013 came to a close, I called in a plan, it wasn't complicated or ambiguous, it didn't have a B part nor a C part, there was no back up, no trouble shoot plans. It was just one plan. And the Plan was focus and the focus was communications. I remember coming up with a quote which said "Discover your Focus then Focus".
And indeed, the year rolled by and the only thing I could have been caught dead doing was radio or anything that relates to such. 2014 saw me grow, own a show, stand in front of big and reputable crowds, interview celebrities, win an award, basically, it was more frightful than I envisaged.
And in all, the one obvious lesson I want us to learn from all my talk is that, determination, passion, energy, talent and commitment will all be a waste of resources if we fail to consciously map out our focus and consequently focus on it, we'll start another walk round this cycle not particularly doing anything or making a significant change anywhere.
Life has taught me that the only thing you get right are the things you planned to get right, not necessarily because your plan worked but because you had a plan and when you failed, you noticed.
I don't owe the awesomeness of this year to focus but I owe it to God. But how  will I notice the opportunities he puts forth if I were not concentrating? Focus helps you concentrate, focus lets you learn what you need when the opportunity shows
I at some point lost it and sincerely we always will. We'll forget the resolutions, the goals, the focus and even concentrate on less important things, but having those things slated out in the first place, I mean the resolutions, the goals etc gives us where and what to run back to whenever you notice you notice you off track.

May I in Jesus name never forget to mention the God factor. The Bible states clear that the builder builds in vain if the Lord does not build the house and the watcher watch in vain if the Lord does not watch the house. 365 days later, your plans will be in shambles if you thought for a second that you could do it on your own. Like I said earlier, many times than once, I lost it, but I have a God who never turned His back on me no matter how many times I turned mine at him. He had a way if bringing back to my memories the privileges and pleasures have enjoyed in Him and how no matter how bad I thought things were, my life was still a luxury to some.
So... friends, end this year with a grateful heart and start 2015 with a focused mind.
Thank You very much for stopping by BlogToLyfe and on behalf of myself and Damian Okafor, I say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMON LETS GET TALKING, PLEASE DO LEAVE A FEED BACK, WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION.
THANK YOU.